Audio Diary: Charlie Birkett
Posted 6th April 2015
After a dramatic start to the headnorth trek, with an emergency crash landing and helicopter transfer, the team eventually reached their start point, 100km from the North Pole. The plane lost its landing gear but all the team are well and in good spirits.
They walked for around 7 hours on the first day and when we spoke early on Day 2, were planning another 8-10 hours walking, with the aim of completing the trek in 5-6 days.
Listen to the audio diary below:
Stay tuned to the Blog for daily updates from different members of the team.
- Alan Chambers' Post Expedition report
- We made it!
- Audio Diary: 5 miles from the North Pole
- Audio Diary: Update from Charlie Birkett
- Audio Diary: Josh Lewsey
- Audio Diary: Lewis Moody
- Audio Diary: Danny Grewcock
- Audio Diary: Charlie Birkett
- Longyearbyen to Ice Camp Barneo
- Svalbard preparations