Posted 1st April 2015
The team is gathering at Longyearbyen, the largest settlement in Svalbard, Norway, ready to set off to Ice Camp Barneo to begin the sledge haul to the North Pole. We're acclimatising to the Arctic climate - the temperature here is around -12 to -18°C.
The sledges, sponsored by our brilliant and generous Sledge Partners, have been loaded up with supplies, and in a couple of days we'll fly out to Ice Cap Barneo to set out. You can track our progress here and we'll be updating you on where we're at every evening on the blog. And please keep donating to The Lewis Moody Foundation and the Royal Marine Charitable Trust Fund. These amazing causes are the reason we're doing this, so please support them!
- Alan Chambers' Post Expedition report
- We made it!
- Audio Diary: 5 miles from the North Pole
- Audio Diary: Update from Charlie Birkett
- Audio Diary: Josh Lewsey
- Audio Diary: Lewis Moody
- Audio Diary: Danny Grewcock
- Audio Diary: Charlie Birkett
- Longyearbyen to Ice Camp Barneo
- Svalbard preparations