Longyearbyen to Ice Camp Barneo
Posted 4th April 2015
Due to poor visibility en route from Svalbard to Ice Camp Barneo, where the trek will begin, the team’s plane had to make an emergency landing earlier today. All the team are safe and well, although the plane’s undercarriage suffered some damage.
A helicopter was dispatched to the landing spot to collect the trekkers and take them the rest of the journey to their start point at 1 degree from the North Pole. They have now arrived in Barneo and are in good spirits, ready to start their epic journey tomorrow.
- Alan Chambers' Post Expedition report
- We made it!
- Audio Diary: 5 miles from the North Pole
- Audio Diary: Update from Charlie Birkett
- Audio Diary: Josh Lewsey
- Audio Diary: Lewis Moody
- Audio Diary: Danny Grewcock
- Audio Diary: Charlie Birkett
- Longyearbyen to Ice Camp Barneo
- Svalbard preparations